Monday, March 24, 2008

Animating.

One of the things that I really disagree with was said at my school (AiS) during class when we were showing our finals. A student had said that in the three week period that we got to make our shorts, that we shouldn't expect to do Pixar like animations. I agree with this to the degree that, yes there's no way that in three months would we ever achieve such a high standard, but why even animate then.
I know that to make a story solid, you have to put in these assets that are crappy looking into a time line to figure plot holes. That's good and all, but after that, you need to set a standard. Don't half ass anything. And when I animate, I don't. I'm going to strive for the best, and I don't care how much time it takes. There are times that I'll get an animation down with in a couple minutes or some animation that will take me a couple hours to get.
I'll do whatever it takes to make it look good. If I have to redraw it a million times, I will. I don't care. How else are you gonna learn anything? That person might think they're an animator, but I haven't seen anything they've produced to be remotely anything towards that.
Anyway, that's all I have to say about that. Update for School Daze time! Hope to have Act 1 done within the next couple weeks. Which means I probably won't be playing any games at all until I graduate. *Sigh* Well at least MGS4 comes out after I graduate, so s'aaallllllllll good.
Right now I'm going over the animatic and filling in spots on paper so that I remember what to do later. Also to get new ideas and what not. I'm about one-forth through Act 2. Changing, rearranging, booyah! Peter Lim, my friend is gonna help me out with things which will make things move a long better. I might recruit more people to help, but probably won't be until later after I finalize a bunch of things.
Like the character designs. My team mate last quarter did a great job, but they're still off from the style of the short. So going back and redoing those type of things I have to asses. Alright, I'm off to do more work!




-Cd.

No comments: