Friday, March 21, 2008

IGN, stop spreading yourself so thin.

I know that these top 25, 10, whatever number you want to plug is solely based on the writer's opinion, but how the hell are they going to play The Incredibles below Finding Nemo? And Toy Story as being number one? Don't get me wrong, I love all of Pixar's movie (with the exception of Cars, not the greatest) but seriously, are these people not paying attention to the stories?! Most if not all movies made outside of Pixar, to me, are going to be crappy. Why? Their stories are shit. Let's name a couple! Shrek 2, Shrek 3, Happily Never After, Doogle, Surf's Up, Beowulf, and the list can go on and on. At least they have Pixar on the top.

I'm not really sure where I'm going with this. Oh yeah, where the fuck is Porco Rosso on that list?! Also Akira?! I don't know. To me, you can't really make a list without getting down to the basic core of the movie. I mean, if you did it from a techincal standpoint, the 2d films would win, hands down. No amount of rendering, lighting, what have you, will beat the art of pencil and paper. But if you were talking about story, than that list would be totally different. For me, at least, to date, The Incredibles is my top movie. The story, the design, everything was just top notch. It was flawless.

Alright, I'm done. Time to get done with my last final.




-Cd.





Top 25 Animated Movies of All Time(so they say. Alright I'll stop!)

No comments: