Monday, May 21, 2007

Cruisn' for a Brusin'.


Spank Rock has filled my car with great sounds while I'm driving home. At the stop light right before my house I'm tapping my hand against my steering wheel, loving the music. As I approach the turn-in to my house, a couple(at least I think it was a couple) was walking into the dip of the concrete when I slowed down to a stop to drive in. Now I don't mind waiting for pedestrians to pass, but when you glare at me when I'm waiting, that's a big no-no. Although I didn't do anything, was it really necessary for the guy passing by to glare at me as if I was going to run him over? I suppose so because his alpha male mode must've kicked in that very moment. The girl of the couple(might have been his mom, I can't remember) was pushing a baby carriage along, but that's besides the point.

What had me sitting in my car pondering for a couple minutes was the fact that he had his chest pushed out and his hands balled up into fists. So there was me sitting in my car thinking, "Did I really do something offensive?" Snapping back to the present I knew I didn't do anything to provoke such an act. By the look of the guy and his attire, I'm guessing he was still in high school. In hindsight, I really wished I rolled down my window and shouted, "Hey good lookin'!" That would've thrown him off his little half-assed trip into male dominance.

-Cd

No comments: